Webinar of interest sponsored by the US Dept. of Transportation: Climate/Extreme Weather Risk Management Tools – Learning from the Gulf Coast
* January 22, 2015, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. EST
The DOT has completed a groundbreaking climate change vulnerability assessment pilot in Mobile, Alabama. This project’s mission included assessing vulnerabilities and adaptation strategies in Mobile, and developing methods, resources, and tools that will assist transportation agencies around the country with conducting climate change vulnerability assessments and evaluating facility-level adaptation options.
During this webcast, explore the valuable resources developed under this project, including:
• A web-based vulnerability assessment framework
• Guidance for evaluating criticality of transportation assets
• A sensitivity matrix to help evaluate how different modes of transportation may be sensitive to various climate hazards
• Methodologies for assessing future climate exposure
• Case studies of site-level engineering assessments of specific adaptation options
• A CMIP Climate Data Processing Tool that downloads and processes downscaled climate project data in formats relevant to the transportation community
• The Vulnerability Assessment Scoring Tool (VAST), an Excel-based framework that guides users through an indicators-based vulnerability assessment.
To register, please click here (or visit: http://mp163422.cdn.mediaplatform.com/163422/wc/mp/4000/15208/15211/43719/Lobby/default.htm?ref=onepager)
For more information, please visit the Gulf Coast project website: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/climate_change/adaptation/ongoing_and_current_research/gulf_coast_study/index.cfm