New funding opportunity. From their press release:
EDA Offers Grants through Climate Change Mitigation Fund
The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) advances economic growth by assisting communities experiencing chronic high unemployment and low per capita income to create an environment that fosters innovation, promotes entrepreneurship, and attracts increased private capital investment. EDA requests proposals for the following programs: Public Works, Planning, Local Technical Assistance, and Economic Adjustment Assistance. Under the Economic Adjustment Assistance program, EDA has allocated $14.7 million to the Global Climate Change Mitigation Incentive Fund, which supports projects that foster economic competitiveness while enhancing environmental quality. Proposals are being accepted from state and local governments, and nonprofit organizations and are being reviewed on an ongoing basis. For more info, including contact info, go to: http://www.grants.gov/search/ search.do?mode=VIEW&oppId= 48106.
- City or township, county, and special district governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
Application Deadline: September 30, 2010
With nearly $15 million available, if you’ve got a project that might qualify, this should be worth looking into.